Saturday, January 16, 2010

Yummy, Fast and GOOD for you!

This is my favorite in a flash recipe and it's very good for you! My trainer shared it with me. I usually add sliced grilled chicken in and mix it to make it a meal. Whenever I can't think of something to make, I make this because I always have the ingredients on hand, it's SO fast and my family LOVES it! Happy Healthy Cooking!

10-Minute Lemon Basil Pasta
8 oz. linguine, whole wheat
2 T. Melted butter substitute
1 T. Lemon Juice
1 1/2 t. Dried Basil Leaves (I use Italian Seasoning, it's cheaper!)
3/4 t. Garlic Salt
1/4 t. Black Pepper
1/4 C. grated Parmesan Cheese (I don't put this on anymore, hubby is alergic to cheese and it really cuts on calories.)
Cook pasta according to package directions, without salt. Drain and return to pan. In a small bowl, combine all other ingredients, EXCEPT cheese. Toss with cooked pasta. Then sprinkle cheese over pasta and serve immediately. Can add cooked chicken. Serve with a salad or steamed veggies. Serves 4.

1 comment:

Diann said...

sounds ymmy Bec! I'll have to try it!