Monday, January 11, 2010

Healthy Drinks for any mood...

Ever just want something to kill the hunger or give you that comfort feeling?
These are my favorite drinks brought to my memory recently by making myself track meals again! Most of these require a blender, my favorite being the bullet for making my own serving size of the drink. If you want to make more just double or triple in another blender. I’ve only included ingredients because they’re really simple… blend or stir! Enjoy!

Fruit Shake
(Very filling and yummy!)
4 frozen Strawberries (or other fruit)
1 ¼ c. milk
2 T. sugar free pudding

Wassail
(great hot drink – I love this for an alternate to Hot Chocolate when I’m cold)
2 c. Hot Water
1 pkt. Orange Sunrise Crystal Light
1-2 t. cinnamon

Strawberry Daiquiri
4-5 Frozen Strawberries
1 ½ c. Water
1-2 T. Lime Juice (depends on how sour you like it)
1-2 T. Splenda or other sweetner

Banana Shake
(no sugar or substitute needed!)
1 overripe frozen banana (in quarters)
1 ½ c. milk

3 comments:

The Stark-Hays Family said...

Becky, These all sound really good to drink. This will sound really boring, but when I am watching my healthy diet and also trying to lose I will sip hot chicken or soup base-low sodium-or low sodium V8 juice with a sprinkle of parmesan when I have a craving. This helps when I am craving something salty and I want to go eat the cupboard. I often crave something hot to sip in the winter. (But I have been accused of eating really boring when trying to lose weight too. I genuinely enjoy this though, so it is not a punishment to me.) You have to eat things you like or you will hate your diet and be miserable. The smoothies really satisfy when it is warm and cold. I like your recipes ideas. These are the kinds of things that keep us happy and satisfied. :)

Diann said...

These sound good Bec. It will be fun to try them. The wassail sounds really good for right now.

PHOTOBEC said...

I hadn't thought of parmesan in V8... I need to try it! A lot of Weight Watchers people have a zero point soup they drink, haven't tried it yet but it sounds like your idea to sip chicken soup base.