Thursday, January 14, 2010

Whats on the menu?

What to eat? This is what I'm always thinking. Well, kind of. It's more of a see-food diet. I see it. I eat it. This is what gets me in trouble, and then makes me frustrated. From past experience I’ve found when I plan ahead, it helps me stay more on track. It would be so nice if I only had one meal to plan each day. But that would also lead me to binging and then feeling disgusted with my self.
Actually it's not hard to concentrate on a whole days worth of what to eat if I plan it out ahead of time and write it down. It just gets annoying when I start thinking "oh that's fattening", "that's full of carbs", "that won't last long in my stomach", or a few other thoughts. I do know about nutrition. If you put the right things in your body, it will respond.
Over the years I have invested in a number of Health and weight loss books such as the” The South Beach Diet”, “The Swartzbein Principle,” “Crack the Fat-Loss Code”, and the regular cookbooks like ”Better Homes and Gardens” cookbook, etc. I can count at least 20 cookbooks in my cupboard. I’ve made at a few recipes from every cookbook, and other recipes off the internet. But now my thought is where is that recipe? I think I’m getting the cogs to move. For now I think I’ll concentrate on the meals that my family has liked and spend a few minutes to plan out a day or two days worth of meals. To be continued…..

No comments: