Friday, January 22, 2010

Three weeks

This is the end of the 3rd week since I started this blog. I have lost four and a half pounds so far. I feel better and I'm starting to get myself organized so that I have a daily menu. Dinner time is not such a hastle now. I started out last week by writing out a main dish for each day for dinner; not a new recipe,but something that my family has eaten. There are a few meals that we will have the same thing more than once a month, because we like them more often, but in general I was able to come up with at least 30 different main courses. That took me a few hours to do. I was only going to do a week but once I got started it wasn't so hard. As for breakfest and lunch I alternate between three to four different meals. I also have a snack at mid-morning and mid-afternoon. I try to keep on hand 2-3 different kinds of fruits, and a variety of fresh vegetables and greens. I've also gotten back to regular exercise which is usually a 2-3 mile walk followed by stretching. I'm starting to incorporate some exercise programs on TV as well. This morning I did yoga to a program I recorded from BYU TV. It was good but I could only do about 10 minutes. I'll have to build up to the full 30 minutes.
My appetite is more under control, but I still have to watch it. I love homebaked food, so this week when I made homemade pizza, I couldn't resist having 4 pieces. But with whole wheat crust its not so ditrimental. I also made an ice cream birthday cake for my son, and that was hard to resist as well. Actually I didn't resist it. I had a piece for his birthday, then a bit more for two days. But right now food isn't calling to me every minute like before. Yea!

No comments: